I posted these over at the usual place, so I might as well post them here.
Vanara are intelligent monkeys and apes who live in temples built in the deep of jungles or forests and like to wear fancy jewellery.
They usually have brown, tan or black fur, but 1-in-20 is born with unusual fur colors like blue, green or red.
To-hit, Saves: as Thief
EXP: as Cleric
Prime Requisite: Dexterity
Restrictions: No ranged weapons, weapons other than blunt get a -1 to damage, no armor more than leather.
Vanara have the stone-related abilities of a dwarf, as well of the Climb ability of a Thief of same level, and can Leap and Hurl Rocks.
Leap: a Vanara can Leap forwards for a distance equal to 10ft plus an additional 10ft for level.
Hurl Rocks: a Vanara can hurl rocks at enemies dealing 1d4 damage; the damage raises to 1d6 at level 5 and to 1d8 at level 9.
At level 9 a Vanara Becomes a Jungle Lord/Lady and may build their own temple in a dense Jungle or forest. The temple will have many pit traps shattered around, both for defense and for leaping fun. Such a temple will attract other Vanara as well as White Apes, Gorillas, Bonobos, Orangutans, and the occasional Gigantopithecus or man-cub.
Mongrelfolk are hideous, roughly human-shaped creatures, a patchwork of different parts taken from a variety of mammals, reptiles and vermin.
Despite their monstrous appearance, they are peaceful beings living in hidden farming villages, far away from civilization.
To hit: as Magic-User
Saves: as Dwarf
EXP: as Thief
Prime Requisite: Constitution
Restrictions: (Depending on Mutation)
Mongrelfolk are Hideous Outcasts, have Mimetism, as well as a random Mutation.
Hideous Outcast: a Mongrelfolk with Charisma higher than 8 counts as having a Charisma of 8 when interacting with intelligent creatures other than Mongrelfolk or Beholders, but is used to survive in the wilderness, gaining +1 to rolls to forage and against weather.
Mimetism: for every turn spent hiding, a Mongrelfolk gets +5% chance to remain undetected, for a maximum of 95%.
Mutations: every Mongrelfolk is born with a random Mutation, and chooses another one at level 9:
- Goat Legs: can Climb as Thief of same level, but can't wear shoes
- Scales: unarmored AC as chain, but can't swim
- Pincer: gain a 1d4 attack, but can't use two-handed weapons
- Tentacle Arm: can Pickpochet as Thief of same level
- Keen Eyes: nightvision, but suffer -1 to all rolls when in daylight
- Claws: gain a 2d2 attack, but can't wear gloves
- Gills: can breath underwater, but needs to drink twice as much water daily
- Paws: can Move Silently as Thief of same level, but can't wear shoes
- Parasitic Twin: can reroll a saving throw once daily
- Frog Legs: can Swim twice the normal speed, but can't wear shoes
- Fearsome Jaws: gain a 1d3 attack
- Mimicry: can imitate animal sounds and use it to communicate with other mongrelfolk
At level 9 a Mongrelfolk becomes a King/Queen of Mongrelfolk and may establish their own village in a peaceful hidden valley. The village will be surrounded by fertile farmlands and have a labyrinthine tunnel complex below it, and will attract other Mongrelfolk who wish to live in peace far away from those who shun them.